| The Durga Puja was started in 1935 by Late Saroj Bagchi at his Ritchie Road residence. The Puja was shifted to the MADDOX SQUARE PARK the following year. In its silver jubilee year in 1960…the Goddess was transformed into the traditional 'ekchala' structure with silver colour attire popularly known as 'Daker saaj'. In its golden jubilee year in 1985 the "Daker saaj" was changed from silver to gold in keeping with the jubilee celebrations as remains the same till date. The "Daker saaj" is done by artists from Krishnanagar while the Goddess earlier was curved by President's medal award winner Late Srish Chanda Pal. At present the idol is prepared by Mr.Nikhil Pal in the 'Potuapara' in Kalighat.